Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Organizing in Aperture

Last night was spent organizing and consolidating all my photos in aperture. I utilized referenced external masters so that I could export my projects for metadata rating on the go without having the monstrously sized masters along with them. It works beautifully! I exported some projects to dropbox, opened it up from my laptop and rated pictures without needing the masters. I am able to rate the images and reimport the project with all the ratings and organizational changes that I made.

I also decided that I'm just going to do plain text along the bottom. It's my first picture set and it's only going to get better. Here is what I did:

Sample1.jpg


So figuring out how to market these is a bit of a learning process as well. I plan on uploading the pics to the internet, so people can look at them for free all they want, but if they want higher quality and printable images, those will cost. How much? This is also a learning process. Hopefully I can come up with a good and efficient system, because right now, things take FOREVER. I'm confident that with my mac and my skillz that I'll find a way, hopefully sooner rather than later.


No comments:

Post a Comment