Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Just gotta do it

So my dreams of having a sweet automated process for handling pictures almost came true, except that it was taking too long. So, I'm doing it half automated, half by hand, and let me just tell you that it is TIME CONSUMING. Trying to break into the photography business is hard knocks! I might as well work at McDonalds because that would pay more!

The one thing that I have figured out is using aperture to export images on a web page, but have it customized to use my own template. I am using fancybox to create a nice lightbox effect for my photos. I'll have to share my process at some point, but barely have time to write this post, much less a how-to on all that I'm doing. The cliff notes version is that I use Aperture to export all the thumbs and regular files, then opening up each of the files in an editor and using regular expressions to replace file names. I need to still figure out a fast way to change the page links and get the style sheets looking nice, but I hopefully should be able to drop a div into the Beyond Just Dance's home page. We'll know for sure tonight, because I'd like it online before tomorrow night's Flower Power 70s party! Ciao for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment