Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Evernote ftw

Today, my accountant asked me what a particular charge was for because it was uncategorized in my Quickbooks. I had no clue whatsoever what it was and my only hope was that I took a picture of the receipt and stored it in evernote. At first I tried doing the search for the amount, and it came up with nothing. It was awesome though, because it was able to do character recognition on my search. When I went to the date of the transaction, I found the receipt and realized why it couldn't find it during the search. It was the amount after tip and my handwriting is, well, let's say my penmanship needs a little work. So, the little act of keeping track of receipts kind of helped me. And it isn't that bad of a pain in the ass anymore. It's pretty much habit now. The only problem that I have had is that my iPhone 3gs is lagging badly. I think I have too much crap on it. Where is my iPhone 5????

No comments:

Post a Comment